Derived, updated, and expanded from Koolhaas’s exhaustive and much-lauded exhibition at the 2014 Venice Architecture Biennale, this is an essential toolkit to understanding the fundamentals that comprise structure around the globe. Designed by Irma Boom and based on research from the Harvard Graduate School of Design, the 2,600-page monograph contains essays from Rem Koolhaas, Stephan Trueby, Manfredo di Robilant, and Jeffrey Inaba; interviews with Werner Sobek and Tony Fadell (of Nest); and an exclusive photo essay by Wolfgang Tillmans.
In addition to comprehensively updated texts and new images, this edition is designed and produced to visually (and physically) embody the immense scope of its subject matter:
- Custom split-spine binding: our printer modified their industrial binding machine to allow for the flexible, eight-centimeter thick spine
- Contains a new introductory chapter with forewords, table of contents, and an index, located in the middle of the book (where it naturally opens due to its unique spine)
- Printed on 50g Opakal paper, allowing for the ideal level of opacity needed to realize Boom’s palimpsest-like design
- Translucent overlays and personal annotations by Koolhaas and Boom are woven in each chapter to create an alternative, faster route through the book
- Printed at the originally intended 100% size for full readability
Osobný odber – Delikatesu ti pripravíme k vyzdvihnutiu u nás v Brote v priebehu 24 hodín. Otváracie hodiny: Pon - Pia 11-19, Sob 10-16
Kuriér – Ak zvolíš tento tip doručenia, delikatesu vychystáme najneskôr do 48 hodín a odošleme kuriérom.