he Monocle Companion: Fifty Ideas for a Better World is our summery new paperback that’s brimming with cheery, thoughtful and canny ideas for leaving things better than we found them.
The latest outing of our popular paperback format is ideal for enjoying on a sunlounger or popping into a tote to read on the go. It is packed with entertaining reads, insights and thoughts that might just nudge the world in a better direction.
Here is just some of what you’ll find under the covers:
– Why words matter, how to use them more clearly and what taking pictures can teach us all.
– Travelling better, how not to be an expat and the importance of friendship in a lonely world.
– The difficulty of doing nothing at all – and getting around it.
– What would happen if children ran our cities and how urban centres might survive the loss of workers.
– Why we need to trash the recycling symbol, go easy on greenwashers (really) and exercise our imagination.
– War and peas: food diplomacy and why it matters, and rethinking how we eat to save the planet.
– How to avoid losing sleep over technology and be in the moment with others.
– The importance of planting seeds and the lessons that gardens can teach us.
– A common-sense manifesto for businesses and entrepreneurship.
– How to rethink society for the better. First question: do we need the nation-state?
For more big thoughts from authors, thinkers and architects, plus a dose of sun, humour and wit, buy your copy today.
Published by: Monocle
Osobný odber – Delikatesu ti pripravíme k vyzdvihnutiu u nás v Brote v priebehu 24 hodín. Otváracie hodiny: Pon - Pia 11-19, Sob 10-16
Kuriér – Ak zvolíš tento tip doručenia, delikatesu vychystáme najneskôr do 48 hodín a odošleme kuriérom.